You know you're from Massachusetts if...
- Khakis are something you start the car with
- You think crosswalks are for wimps
- You think if someone's nice to you, they either want something or they are from out of town and probably lost
- You know how to cross 4 lanes of traffic in 5 seconds
- You are amazed when traveling out of town that people who work at McDonald's actually speak English
- You think it's not actually tailgating unless your bumper is touching the car in front of you
- You know that a yellow light means at least 5 more cars can get through ... and that a red light means 2 more can
- A Crown Victoria = Undercover Cop
- The transportation system is known as the "T"
- Subway is a fast food place
- You could own a small town in Iowa for the cost of your house
- There are 24 Dunkin Donuts shops within 15 minutes of your house
- When people talk about the "curse of the Bambino," you know exactly what they are talking about, and you believe in it, too
- You think of Rhode Island as the "deep South"
- Anything past Worcester is "the middle of nowhere" (if you live in Boston)
- You believe using a turn signal gives away your plan to the enemy
- If you stay on the same road long enough, it will eventually have 3 or more different names
- Someone has honked at you because you didn't peel out the second the light turned green
- You've honked at someone because they didn't peel out the second the light turned green
- All the potholes just add excitement to your driving experience
- Stop signs mean slow down a little, but only if you feel like it
- Six inches of snow is considered a "dusting"
- Three days of 90+ heat is definitely a "heat wave" ... and 63° ocean water is "on the warm side"
- $15 to park is a bargain
- You cringe every time you hear some actor/actress imitate the "Boston accent" on TV or in a movie.
If you don't have
it, you're never going to get it right ... even if you were born here
- At the ice cream shop, you call chocolate sprinkles "Jimmies"
- You can go from one side of your hometown to the other in less than 15 minutes and see at least 15 losers you
graduated with doing the same exact same thing they were doing the last time you saw them